Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has today launched a new device for residential and business use that will allow operators to accelerate the deployment of ultra-broadband access in order to meet ever-growing demand for faster data speeds in homes and the workplace.
The Alcatel-Lucent G.fast residential gateway is a plug-and-play device that aims to eliminate the need for operators’ engineers to have to enter a customer’s premises to install. The G.fast residential gateway also delivers concurrent dual-band WiFi to provide even greater signal strength and 1 Gbps data speeds, eliminating the need to run fiber into the home.
Highlights of Alcatel-Lucent’s G.fast residential gateway (7368 ISAM CPE):
- Integrated reverse power will allow operators to reduce costs and complexity of large scale G.fast deployments.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11ac/n on 5GHz and 802.11b/g/n on 2.4GHz) provides over 1 Gbps bandwidth, offering customers with the super-fast speeds they demand across all their connected devices.
- Higher transmittting power of up to 1000 mW will deliver the same quality of service inside any room or outdoor area.
- SuperSpeed USB3.0 support for home network access to shared content such as music, videos and photos.
- The 7368 ISAM CPE can be deployed with VDSL2 networking today and upgraded later without having to switch out the device.
- Fully integrated, plug-and-play device reduces time and cost of installation.
- Compatible with Alcatel-Lucent G.fast DPUs, DSL line cards and G.fast standard-compliant DPUs.
- Leveraging the same advanced home technology as the 7368 ISAM ONT G-240W-B residential gateway ONT, delivering the same experience to both PON and G.fast subscribers.