Credo Technology announced the availability of its Seagull 452 family of high-performance, low-power optical Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) targeted at the burgeoning 400G Active Optical Cable (AOC) market for AI networks. T.
The family consists of the octal channel Seagull 452, the quad channel Seagull 252 and the dual channel Seagull 152 DSPs. All devices come with integrated VCSEL, EML and SiPho drivers.
- Seagull 452 is a versatile full-duplex device that can be used in next generation 8x50Gbps QSFP-DD optical transceivers or AOCs for 400Gbps SR8/DR8/FR8/LR8 applications using PAM4 modulation.
- Seagull 252 can be used in next generation 4x50Gbps QSFP56 optical transceivers or AOCs in 200Gbps SR4/DR4/LR4 applications using PAM4 modulation.
- Seagull 152 can be used in 2x50Gbps QSFP28, SFP-DD or DSFP optical transceivers or AOCs and supports 100Gbps SR2/DR2/LR2 applications.
All members of the Seagull 452 family support 25 Gbps NRZ operation for backwards compatibility.
Key Features of the Seagull 452 DSP Family
- Fourth generation DSPs on host and line side
- Line side Rx performance-enhancing features specific to optical link and component impairments
- Integrated VCSEL drivers with programmable bias and modulation currents
- Integrated EML and SiPho drivers with programmable output swing and equalization
- Host side supports extended PCB reach
- Use with Teal 200 4x50G TIA for a complete optical chipset solution
“With the massive growth of AI as predicted by the market forecasters, we see a tremendous opportunity to grow our footprint with customers, including hyperscalers, as the number of optical interfaces required to meet the AI workload flow will only continue to increase,” said Michael Girvan Lampe, Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing at Credo. “Hyperscalers supporting AI applications will need to balance this growth demand for new levels of performance with capex and energy concerns. The Seagull 452 family of DSPs aims to help our customers balance these concerns while also benefitting from this growing market opportunity.”